Is there a dish that works well for breakfast, lunch, supper, and dessert?
But not just any wafflesBelgian waffles.
What makes Belgian waffles superior?
They’re thick and golden on the surface, fluffy and moist on the inside, and the deep pockets contain all of your favorite toppings: butter, maple syrup, chocolate chips, strawberries, and so on. A Belgian Waffle Maker is required to enjoy Belgian waffles at any time of day, but not just any of them will do. You will need the finest home Belgian waffle maker.
- Best Belgian Waffle Maker Reviews
- 1. Cuisinart WAF-F2 : Overall Best Home Belgian Waffle Maker
- 2. Hamilton Beach Flip Belgian Waffle Maker: Best with Removable Plates
- 3. Oster Titanium Infused DuraCeramic Chrome Belgian Waffle Maker: Best Ceramic
- 4. NordicWare 15040: Best Stovetop
- 5. Cuisinart WAF-150: Best Commercial Belgian Waffle Maker
- Buyer’s Checklist of Important Features
- Belgian Waffle Maker Cleaning and Maintenance
- Which Belgian waffle is best?
- Which is the best brand for waffle maker?
- Which waffle maker does Belgian waffle use?
- What is the most famous Belgian waffle?
- What is the most popular waffle in the world?
- What’s the difference between a waffle maker and a Belgian waffle maker?
- Is an expensive waffle maker worth it?
- What waffles do hotels use?
- What is so special about Belgium waffles?
- Do you need a special waffle maker for Belgian waffles?
Best Belgian Waffle Maker Reviews
We chose the finest five Belgian waffle makers on the market today because we understand how vital a reliable, high-quality Belgian waffle maker is. Following our studies, we will look at the most crucial characteristics of a Belgian waffle maker in our Buyers Checklist, but here are the criteria we looked for:
- Size and weight
- Waffle capacity
- Temperature settings
- Cooking plates
- Waffle thickness
- Drip trays
- Indicator lights
1. Cuisinart WAF-F2 : Overall Best Home Belgian Waffle Maker
- Belgian waffles of the highest quality (two at a time!)
- One-inch deep waffle pockets
- Easy-to-use rotary handle
- Six adjustable browning control features
- One year product warranty
- The waffle plates are not removable
What distinguishes the Cuisinart WAF-F20 Double Belgian Waffle Maker as our top pick?
Of course, this waffle maker won an Amazon’s Choice award, but we don’t take Amazon’s word for it. The Cuisinart WAF F20 produces two uniformly cooked, one-inch extra deep restaurant-style waffles. But wait, there’s more! Consider the following features:
- Material: Stainless steel
- Bakes two 1 inch extra deep waffles
- Easy-to-handle rotary feature for even baking
- Six-setting browning control knob
- 1400 watts of power
- Nonstick coating
- Two LED ready indicator lights
- Three audio beep tones signal
- Comes with a measuring cup
- One year warranty
The Cuisinart Double Belgian Waffle Maker is the kind of thing you’d find at a high-end restaurant. It regularly creates restaurant-quality waffles in large quantities. You won’t have to wait long for a plate full of fresh waffles for your family or friends since you can bake two at a time.
You may make your waffles as light as dark as you want with the six-setting browning control. Another reason why the Cuisinart is the best: the simple rotational mechanism spins each waffle 180 degrees to guarantee that they are fully cooked. No more biting into a waffle only to discover the center is still uncooked. Eww.
You’ll know when your waffles are done thanks to 1400 watts of power, two LED readiness indication lights, and three audio buzzer tones.
The Cuisinart is a heavy-duty appliance that weighs 13 pounds. If you’re hoping for a smaller, more compact waffle maker, this isn’t it. We also wish the plates were detachable for easy cleaning, although these are minor flaws in comparison to the benefits. Cuisinart stands behind its goods 100 percent, which is why it provides a one-year guarantee on its Belgian Waffle Maker.
2. Hamilton Beach Flip Belgian Waffle Maker: Best with Removable Plates
- Easy flip design
- Browning control
- Easy cleanup
- Dishwasher safe
- No digital timer
The Hamilton Beach Flip Belgian Waffle Maker with Nonstick detachable Plates made our list due to its effortless flipping motion that produces flawless waffles every time, as well as its practical detachable plates for easy cleaning!
- Dimensions: 6.76 x 9.9 x 9.06 inches
- Weight: 3.06 lbs.
- Material: Brushed stainless steel
- Ultra-flip design
- Removable grids and drip tray
- Adjustable browning control
- Ready to cook indicator lights
- Simple clean up
Enjoy an authentic Belgian waffle that is crispy on the exterior and fluffy on the inside, without goopy batter adhering to the waffle maker and spoiling an otherwise delicious waffle! Nonstick plates prevent sticking and scraping. What’s better? The Hamilton Beach has deep pockets, which allows for additional toppings. Chocolate chips, anyone?
What exactly is this ultra-flip design? With a flick of the wrist, Hamilton Beach’s Belgian waffle maker provides you complete flipping control. Simply warm the waffle iron; when the READY light flashes, pour in your waffle batter and turn to secure it in place. After 5-8 minutes, turn the waffle machine back over and remove the lid.
Some people like their waffles darker, while others prefer them lighter. The adjustable browning control allows you to choose the shade of waffle you like and ensures that it is right every time.
One reason people don’t cook more waffles is because they don’t want to deal with the mess. Hamilton Beach understands the challenge, which is why this waffle maker has detachable grids and a drip tray that is dishwasher safe. Not to mention the nonstick waffle covering. Cleaning up is a breeze!
An added bonus: Hamilton Beach has developed a number of waffle recipes that are available on their website. They also keep this list up to date. They were serving Red Velvet Waffles and Pumpkin Spice Waffles at the time of writing!
3. Oster Titanium Infused DuraCeramic Chrome Belgian Waffle Maker: Best Ceramic
- Durable and long-lasting
- Quicker cook times
- Great value
- The cord is a bit short
The Oster Titanium Infused DuraCeramic Chrome Waffle Maker made our list because of the DuraCeramic’s unique benefits: a robust, long-lasting, scratch-resistant, and easy-to-clean surface that produces fresh, handmade Belgian waffles. This waffle maker is really built to last!
- Dimensions: 5.8 x 8.8 x 11.1 inches
- Weight: 3.24 lbs.
- Cord length: 27.5 inches
- Material: Polished chrome
- Titanium-infused DuraCeramic
- PTFE- and PFOA-free ceramic coating
- Cooks up to 30% faster
- Easy to clean surface
So, since it is built of DuraCeramic, Oster Titanium’s finest characteristic is its sheer endurance. What makes DuraCeramic so special, you may wonder? Oster invented DuraCeramica, a unique and novel ceramic coating consisting of oxygen and silicon that is four times more robust than ordinary Teflon. It is not only long-lasting, but it is also ecologically beneficial.
It lasts eight times longer than other waffle irons since it is composed of nonstick ceramic. Furthermore, the surface will not flake or peel. Another reason the Oster Titanium is better to other waffle makers is that it cooks 30% quicker, resulting in ideal Belgian waffles in half the time, which is very useful if you’re cooking a brunch for a large family.
We also enjoy how little the Oster Titanium is. It weighs little more than 3 pounds and takes up very little room when not in use. The Oster Titanium might not have all of the bells and whistles that some of our other recommendations possess, but if you want a basic Belgian waffle maker that will last forever, this is the one.
The Oster Titanium has a polished chrome casing and a sleek, uncomplicated design that looks great in any kitchen. Furthermore, the Oster Titanium is reasonably priced. You certainly got your money’s worth with this one, since it may be the only Belgian waffle maker you ever purchase!
4. NordicWare 15040: Best Stovetop
- Makes perfect Belgian waffles
- Compact, portable design
- Safe plastic handles
- No electricity = no cords
- To prevent sticking, the nonstick coating may need frequent seasoning.
First, we must inform you about NordicWare’s amazing origins.
NordicWare was founded in 1946 by Dotty and Dave. Dave had just returned from World War II, and they established the cookware firm from their own basement in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with just $500 to their names.
NordicWare is still family-owned and run after seven decades and has grown globally to showcase the most creative kitchenware goods, including the finest stovetop Belgian waffle maker on the market!
- Dimensions: 17 x 8 x 2 inches
- Cooking surface: 7.25 x 7.25 inches
- Weight: 2.7 lbs.
- Material: Cast aluminum
- Stovetop use
- PFOA-free nonstick surface
- Compact and easy to store
- Made in the USA
The NordicWare Belgian waffler creates wonderful crispy browned waffles with deep pockets that are ready to be loaded with your favorite toppings. To use, just warm the cast-aluminum waffler over a gas or electric burner. Then pour in your batter, cover, and cook for 30 seconds. Cook for two to three minutes longer after flipping the waffler (the plastic handle does not heat up during cooking).
You will not consume any more energy since the NordicWare is for the cooktop. It is also exceptionally tiny and lightweight, at just 2.7 pounds, so it will not take up much storage room. Simply hand wash the NordicWare with mild soap and water after use and dry with a soft towel.
Furthermore, since you are using a stovetop waffle maker, you will not have any built-in light indications or timers to notify you when your waffles are done. This is barely a problem, but if you’re seeking for convenience, this is probably not the greatest option. You may also ask whether you can use this stovetop waffler over a campfire. Some customers tried it and said it worked wonderfully, however bear in mind that the handle is plastic and might melt if it gets too hot.
5. Cuisinart WAF-150: Best Commercial Belgian Waffle Maker
- Makes four waffles at a time
- Five browning control settings
- Red and green indicator lights
- Cord wrap and vertical storage
- No beep when waffles are ready
If you don’t have a large waffle machine, making a huge batch of Saturday morning waffles for your family might take hours.
The Cuisinart WAF-150 4-Slice Belgian Waffle Iron has almost a five-star rating on Amazon and is the ideal choice if you’re preparing waffles in volume!
- Dimensions: 14.17 x 10.24 x 4.72 inches
- Weight: 9.75 lbs.
- chrome-plated gripTop cover is made of stainless steel.
- Bakes four 1-inch deep Belgian waffles
- Nonstick baking plates
- Five-setting browning control
- Red and green indicator lights
- Locking lid
- Compact storage
- Three-year warranty
The Cuisinart WAF-150 is ideal for larger households or entertaining guests. At a time, you can produce four 1-inch deep Belgian waffles. The nonstick baking plates perform effectively, and the stainless steel body has a chrome-plated handle.
When it comes to waffles, you probably know that preferences vary from dark brown and crispy to barely done! Cuisinart has addressed this dispute by providing five heat settings to guarantee that everyone’s waffle is to their preference. Everyone can load their waffles with their favorite toppings thanks to the deep pockets.
The red and green indication lights answer the query, “When is my waffle ready?” The red indicates that the waffle iron is turned on and heating. It turns green when it’s ready for waffle batter. When your waffles are done, the green light will flicker, so keep an eye on it!
The Cuisinart WAF-150 is simple to maintain and store. The cable is wrapped under the base, and the item stands upright for convenient storage. It is a hefty appliance, which is to be anticipated given that it is a professional waffle maker, but this may be a disadvantage for some.
Buyer’s Checklist of Important Features
What features should a Belgian waffle maker have? Here are some important variables to consider:
What many of waffles do you want to make? Waffle makers may create a single waffle, two waffles, or four waffles. The size of the waffle maker will be determined by how often you want waffles, which for many of us is all the time.
Ease of Use:
Obviously, you want a Belgian waffle maker that is simple to use. Then there are additional considerations, such as whether you want basic or more browning settings. Do you want an audible buzzer or an indicator light to tell you when your waffles are done? Do you need a nonstick waffle maker? Do you want waffle plates that can be removed? The answers to these questions will help you decide what features you want in a waffle maker.
The materials used in a waffle maker will affect its quality and longevity. The grid of the waffle maker may be composed of aluminum, cast iron, steel, or ceramic. It is critical to check product reviews to ensure that your waffle maker is durable.
Easy to Clean:
The only disadvantage to preparing waffles is the mess that the batter creates, particularly when it slides out the edges of the waffle iron. Look for a waffle maker that is simple to clean. Some dishes are removed and placed in the dishwasher. Others need simply hand washing. Some have built-in drip pans to capture extra batter–very handy!
You may or may not be concerned about storage. However, keep in mind that certain waffle machines are easier to store than others. If you’re considering a larger waffle maker, be sure you have enough space. If room is a concern, use a tiny and compact model.
A high-quality Belgian waffle maker does not have to cost an arm and a leg, despite the fact that several are available for well over $200 nowadays. Our top five reviews vary from $20 to $100.
Belgian Waffle Maker Cleaning and Maintenance
Cleaning your Belgian waffle maker does not have to be a difficult task. First, read the manufacturer’s directions for cleaning and maintaining your device. Here are some broad rules, however each model’s upkeep varies significantly.
- Unplug the waffle iron and let it cool off.
- Remove any remaining dough from the waffle iron using a soft toothbrush or something similar.
- Pour a little amount of cooking oil over the grids and let for five minutes to soften and remove any residue.
- Wipe off all surfaces with a cloth soaked in soapy water.
- Then, using a clean cloth bathed in water, remove the soap. Repeat numerous times to ensure the soap is completely removed.
- Dry the interior of the waffle iron with a dry cloth.
- Using a gentle, dry cloth, clean the outside of the waffle maker.
A word of caution: except for stovetop waffle irons that do not need electricity, never immerse the whole waffle iron in water. If your waffle maker has detachable plates, just remove them and wash them in the dishwasher or with soap and water.
A Belgian waffle maker is not only a terrific addition to your kitchen, but it also makes an excellent housewarming, birthday, Christmas, or any other occasion present. Select one of our top five Belgian waffle makers and begin enjoying these delightful meals at any time of day.
- Best Square Waffle Maker
- The Best Waffle Maker For Kids
- The Best Waffle Maker Has Removable Plates That Are Simple To Clean
- The Best Teflon Free (Non Toxic) Waffle Makers
- What Happened To Villaware Waffle Maker?
- Top 5 Stylish Red Waffle Makers
- Is The KitchenAid Waffle Maker Worth Your Money?
- The Distinction Between Belgian and Regular Waffles