A handcrafted version of Portillos Chocolate Cake Shake’s greatness! A rich, thick chocolate shake combined with frosted chocolate cake.
I’ve been feeling a little homesick lately. My repeated desires for deep dish pizza, Italian meat, and the wonder of Oberweis milk home delivery have seriously disrupted my daily existence.
Worst yet? My want to have a Portillos Chocolate Cake Shake.
I attempt to arrange supper, but my mind is captivated with the prospect of creating dessert. There will be no supper, just dessert. A chocolate cake shake, not just any dessert.
I’ve been putting it off for so long since it means I’ll have to prepare a freaking chocolate layer cake. To combine in a blender (aff link). Doesn’t it sound strange?
It isn’t. It’s brilliant and wonderful, and if you disagree, you’re WRONG. Alright, I apologize; you are not incorrect; you are just misled.
- How to make a chocolate cake shake
- Don’t go store bought with the cake!
- Chocolate Cake Shake
- Where is the chocolate cake shake from?
- What is cake shake made of?
- Is there mayo in Portillos chocolate cake shake?
- What’s the difference between a chocolate shake and a chocolate malt shake?
- What flavor is Portillos cake shake?
- Who owns cake shake?
- Does Sonic still have the cake shake?
- What is a cake shake at DQ?
- Does Dairy Queen have a cake batter shake?
How to make a chocolate cake shake
To prepare this shake, bake my favorite double chocolate layer cake and then put a piece into the blender (aff link) with ice cream.
I know it seems like you’re baking a whole cake only to utilize a piece, but don’t think of it that way. Since you’re cooking a whole cake, you could create 8-16 chocolate cake shakes (depending on the size of of the slices I recommend a bigslice).
I don’t know about you, but it seems like the ideal occasion for a celebration.
Don’t go store bought with the cake!
You may think you could simply purchase a little piece of chocolate cake from the grocery store and chuck it in the blender (aff link), but trust me when I say you don’t want to do that. That will be nowhere like as nice.
You’ll also need high-quality chocolate ice cream. Please do not scrimp on this. What’s better? Create your own!
Nothing beats a traditional red and white cup from a Chicagoland Portillos, but this will have to do till my next vacation home.
And, just so you know, the next time I travel back, I’ll be the one with my bags falling out over the airport floor as I rush to the closest Portillos. Please keep out of my way, okay?
Chocolate Cake Shake
- ✓ Read the recipe beginning to end
- ✓ Check oven calibration
- ✓ Check expiration dates
- ✓ Properly measure ingredients
- ✓ Check butter temperature
- 1 cup of high-quality chocolate ice cream
- 1 huge piece double chocolate layer cake, complete with icing!
- Combine ice cream and cake in a blender and mix until just incorporated. The beauty of this recipe is that it is not fully smooth.
1 big slice double chocolate layer cake, 1 cup top quality chocolate ice cream
- Pour into a glass and serve with a straw or spoon to enjoy!
- If you cut the cake into 8 big pieces, you will have a thicker shake that will most likely need a spoon.
- Your cake will be less thick if you cut it into 16 narrower pieces.