With this variation on the traditional vanilla latte, honey takes center stage! There’s no need for a nice coffee shop. Try my Starbucks knockoff white chocolate mocha next time.
- Inspired by a quaint Massachusetts coffee shop
- Ingredients for a honey vanilla latte
- How to make a honey vanilla latte
- Honey Vanilla Latte
- What is in a honey vanilla tea latte?
- What’s in a vanilla latte from Starbucks?
- Is honey good in latte?
- How many calories in a honey vanilla latte?
- What does a honey latte taste like?
- What is the difference between a latte and a vanilla latte?
- Is a latte stronger than coffee?
- Is a Starbucks vanilla latte healthy?
- Is vanilla latte coffee healthy?
- Is it OK to drink coffee with honey?
Inspired by a quaint Massachusetts coffee shop
If you’re not searching for it, you’ll probably miss it. I have a favorite coffee shop in Concord, Massachusetts called Haute Coffee. It’s a little side street.
But I can assure you that you do not want to miss it. It’s in a little, modest brick structure that’s just as lovely on the inside.
It features a nice bay window with cushioned chairs and cushions, a wonderfully designed and spotless blackboard menu (I actually inquired about it and they informed me they paid someone to do it for them), and freshly baked items on the counter. They also have a board that displays the local suppliers from whom the day’s supplies were sourced!
Do you like it when local groups help each other? Haute Coffee is warm and inviting, and it’s difficult to leave.
I’ve tried a variety of drinks at Haute Coffee, but my favorite is the Haute Latte. Their signature drink is a honey vanilla latte brewed with local honey and just the proper amount of spice from ground cinnamon, and it’s delicious.
It’s light and sweet, but not too so. The scent alone is soothing, and the flavor is wonderful. As seen by these cupcakes, I like the taste combination of vanilla and honey.
I have desires for it while they’re closed, and because it’s so far away from where I live now, I should surely make it my own!
Ingredients for a honey vanilla latte
- Milk – any kind you prefer, dairy or non-dairy
- Honey – Because honey vanilla latte. If you can, buy local! There are lots of different kinds of honey, so play around and taste test different kinds to see what you like the best.
- Pure vanilla extract – Because… honey vanilla latte
- Ground cinnamon – Provides a great little somethin’ somethin’ in balance with the other flavors
- Espresso – Because… honey vanilla latte.
How to make a honey vanilla latte
- Heat your milk: In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat milk until it starts to bubble a little on the edges of the pan. Not boiling, but steaming a bit.
- Add honey, vanilla, cinnamon and stir. Heat, stirring frequently, for another minute.
- Now you can froth your milk in your preferred method: Whisk vigorously in pan until frothy, place in a mason jar and shake vigorously for 30-60 seconds, or use a milk frother.
- Pour milk mixture over freshly brewed espresso/coffee in a large mug. Top with whipped cream, drizzled honey and a light dusting of cinnamon if desired. Enjoy!
- Sometimes I cheat and just use a bag of vanilla flavored coffee, but it’s just as easy to add vanilla extract with your favorite espresso.
- To make an iced honey vanilla latte, combine 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup hot water and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract in a jar and shake or stir to combine. Keep it in the fridge until you’re ready to use it, and 1-2 tablespoons of the syrup to 8 ounces brewed espresso and 4-6 ounces cold milk over ice.
Definitely! You can use dairy milk, almond milk, oat milk, cashew milk, soy milk, macadamia milk, or any other nondairy milk you want. I just do not advocate using flavored ones, albeit a vanilla flavored one would enhance the vanilla taste.
Shake or mix together 4 cup boiling water and 1 tablespoon vanilla essence in a container. Refrigerate it until ready to use, then add 1-2 teaspoons to 8 ounces prepared espresso and 4-6 ounces cold milk over ice. 1 cup honey, 4 cup To prepare an iced honey vanilla latte, whisk together 1
Honey Vanilla Latte
- ✓ Read the recipe beginning to end
- ✓ Check oven calibration
- ✓ Check expiration dates
- ✓ Properly measure ingredients
- ✓ Check butter temperature
- 8ouncesmilk, any kind
- ⅛teaspoonpure vanilla extract
- Pinchof ground cinnamon
- 2ouncesespresso, or vanilla-flavored coffee, then you can omit the vanilla extract
In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat milk until it starts to bubble a little on the edges of the pan. Not boiling, but steaming a bit.8 ounces milk
Add honey, vanilla, cinnamon and stir. Heat, stirring frequently, for another minute.1 Tablespoon honey, 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, Pinch of ground cinnamon
Now you can froth your milk in your preferred method: whisk vigorously in pan until frothy, place in a mason jar and shake vigorously for 30-60 seconds, or use a milk frother.
Pour milk mixture over freshly brewed espresso/coffee in a large mug. Top with whipped cream, drizzled honey and a dusting of cinnamon if desired. Enjoy!2 ounces espresso