Why should others enjoy all of the fun? Let your dog to share your love of peanut butter cookies by creating a batch of these peanut butter dog treats specifically for them! Make them some Peanut Butter and Banana Pupcakes the next time.
I have had a strong desire for peanut butter cookies. I’m not sure what hit me, but that was all I could think about. So I went to work as soon as I got home from work.
Penny was gazing at me as if I had murdered her closest friend because she could smell peanut butter but couldn’t have any. And, as usual, I succumbed.
In a way, yes.
Penny was eager to Taste the peanut butter I had purchased particularly for dogs.
- Can dogs really have peanut butter?
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dog Treats
- Are peanut butter cookies safe for dogs?
- How to make peanut butter cookies for dogs?
- Is peanut butter dog treats good for dogs?
- What kind of peanut butter can I use for dog treats?
- Is it OK to give dog peanut butter everyday?
- How many peanut butter cookies can my dog eat?
- What ingredient should not be in peanut butter for dogs?
- Can I use regular flour for dog treats?
- Is Skippy peanut butter safe for dogs?
- What dogs Cannot eat peanut butter?
Can dogs really have peanut butter?
Definitely! Peanut butter is OK for dogs to consume as long as it does not include xylitol (and, you know, is given to them in moderation).
I’m willing to spend a bit extra for higher-quality products if it means my money is helping our four-legged pals. Penny, as you can see here, is also a staunch fan.
I wanted to make her a new sort of treat, so I began looking around the cupboard for inspiration.
And then it occurred to me that if I was baking peanut butter cookies for myself, why couldn’t I simply bake her peanut butter cookies?
There is no cause. Of course I can! So I did it. She was also a great fan. She does her omnomnom thing (where she seems to be quietly speaking to herself) when I pick them from the jar, so that’s a good indication.
She also pulls off her finest derpy face:
I’m sure your pooch will like them as much as Penny does! Let me know how these go over in the comments!
Peanut Butter Cookie Dog Treats
- 1 egg
- 1 cup peanut butter (I recommend Dog for Dog Dogsbutter)
- 3/4 cup organic reduced fat milk
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Beat egg with a whisk in a large bowl. Add peanut butter and one of the eggs, and whisk it all together.
- Add flour and baking soda, and use your hands to completely combine.
- Lay a sheet of parchment paper on your counter and dust lightly with flour to prevent your dough from sticking. Use a rolling pin to flatten out the dough to around 1/4″ thickness.
- Using a circular cookie cutter (or the top of a shot glass), cut out as many circles as you can. Lay them out 1/2″ apart on a prepared cookie sheet (fitted with parchment paper or a non-stick silicon mat). Press the back of a fork into the top of each cookie and then press it in again at a 90° angle, making a criss-cross pattern.
- In a small bowl, beat an egg white and add a teaspoon of water. Brush a light coat on the top of each treat, and then pop them in the oven for 10 minutes. Turn them over, and bake for another 10-15.
- Place on cooling racks to cool completely, and then store in an airtight container. You can also stick them in the freezer to keep them for longer!