Smores cupcakes are a campfire classic turned cupcake! Luscious chocolate cake is covered with marshmallow icing and crushed graham crackers. Add micro marshmallows, chocolate chips, and syrup to your heart’s content!
Apologies for being gone for longer than I had expected!
When I returned from vacation, I was practically smacked in the face with a slew of unexpected duties, and it has taken me until today to get my life back in order.
But now that everything are back in order, I have something extremely essential to share with you. Stop what you’re doing, put your drink down, and pay attention.
CUPCAKES WITH SMORES. That’s correct. Smores in a cupcake.
A chocolate avocado cupcake with egg white marshmallow icing, graham cracker crumbs, micro marshmallows, chocolate chips, and chocolate syrup.
BAM. I should point you that they aren’t exactly diet-friendly. You can always skip the toppings, but what’s the point? Would you ever create smores over a campfire and decide to just use half a marshmallow and a little chocolate? Please, beach.
For argument’s sake, I guess you could merely top it with graham cracker crumbs, like in:
You may also add micro marshmallows and chocolate chips.
Instead, you may just top with graham cracker crumbs and a generous drizzle of chocolate syrup.
Or you might be the person I know you can be and put it all on in such a manner that the laws of physics are tested.
- Can’t get enough s’mores?
- S’mores Cupcakes
- What is the secret to super moist cupcakes?
- What is hostess cupcake filling made of?
- What is the secret to good cupcakes?
- Will filled cupcakes get soggy?
- Can you fill a cupcake without coring it?
- What does adding an extra egg to cupcakes do?
- How do bakeries keep cupcakes moist?
- Is it better to make cupcakes with water or milk?
- What are Elvis cupcakes?
Can’t get enough s’mores?
- Icebox Strawberry Smores Cake
- Foodal’s 10 Smores Makeovers for Camping Trips
- Tots’ Smores Tots!
- Whitney Bond’s Smores Cinnamon Rolls
- Smores Trifle in Ten Minutes
- Hungry Thirst Play’s No Bake Smores Bars
- Toffee Smores Bark
- Baker by Nature Smores Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ✓ Read the recipe beginning to end
- ✓ Check oven calibration
- ✓ Check expiration dates
- ✓ Properly measure ingredients
- ✓ Check butter temperature
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- chocolate powder (unsweetened)
- 2 tbsp baking soda
- a teaspoon of espresso powder
- 1 avocado, around 2 medium, mashed
- 1 cup of hot water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- three egg whites
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- Optional garnish: crushed graham cracker
- Optional chocolate sauce and garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Set aside a muffin tin with 12 liners.
- 4 teaspoon sea salt
12 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 teaspoons baking soda, 2 teaspoons espresso powder 1
Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, espresso powder, and salt in a medium mixing basin. Set aside.
1 cup all-purpose flour
- Mash the avocado in a large mixing bowl until it is as smooth as possible. If you’re pressed for time, you can puree it in a food processor (or energy).
1 avocado cup
- Stir in the flour mixture until well combined.
- Now whisk in the sugar, water, and vanilla extract until smooth.
2 tablespoons vanilla extract, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup hot water
- 4 measuring cup, spoon batter into cupcake liners until nearly full. 17-20 minutes in the oven. When a toothpick is pushed into the middle, it should come out clean, and the tops should be broken slightly and bounce back when touched. Put on wire rack to cool fully.
Using a one
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
4 cup of sugar 1
In a double broiler over a saucepan of boiling water, combine the egg whites, sugar, and cream of tartar.
3 egg whites, 3 yolks
- Continue to whisk until the sugar has dissolved and the liquid is frothy.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg white mixture with a whisk attachment on high speed until firm peaks form.
- Frost cooled cupcakes and top with crumbled graham crackers and chocolate sauce. Enjoy!
Graham cracker crumbs, chocolate sauce