Electric bread slicers are the greatest thing since sliced bread!
As more individuals prepare and bake at home, more loaves of fragrant bread are emerging from ovens around the country. Whole wheat, sourdough, raisin, or sweet banana loaves all need to be cut.
Slicing bread may be tiresome and time-consuming, not to mention difficult to get a constant thickness with only a bread knife. That is why a home electric bread slicer is both handy and multifunctional.
How do you determine which electric bread slicer is ideal for your home? We’ve done our homework and combed through the market for bread cutters. We’ve selected five great kitchen goods for your consideration. We’ll show you our selection in a minute, but first, some background on how we selected the best electric bread slicer.
- Best Electric Bread Slicer Machine
- How We Picked Electric Bread Slicers
- How Electric Bread Slicers Compare vs. Manual Bread Cutters
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Final Thoughts
Best Electric Bread Slicer Machine
Here are our top recommendations for the best electric bread slicer:
1. SuperHandy Portable Bread Slicer
This is marketed as a meat slicer by SuperHandy, although it may also be used to cut bread, cheese, and other items. It has a fold-away style to save counter space, an easy-to-remove blade for cleaning, and vital safety features at a low price.
Bread slicers may take up a lot of counter space in your kitchen. This one folds up into a little rectangle that you can easily store in your kitchen cabinet or carry with you wherever you go.What distinguishes this model? The fold-away small design of this model distinguishes it from others. a lot of food
This slicer, which has a 6.7 (170.18mm) stainless steel serrated blade, will cut through bread like a hot knife through butter. SuperHandy is a new brand on the market, but it outsources its blade manufacture to RSG Solingen, a German business that has been producing excellent blades and laboratory equipment for over 70 years. The blade width can be adjusted from deli-thin to thick, making it ideal for bread slices.
This model’s safety features are very appealing to us. To use the blade, you must simultaneously press two buttons: the unlock button and the power button. This will keep inquisitive little hands from unintentionally starting the slicer! Furthermore, the bread slicer has seven suction cups on the bottom to keep it from slipping while in use.
When these unique qualities are combined with an inexpensive price, we feel this is the ideal bread cutter for the daily kitchen.
- Reviewers praised this slicer’s fold-up form, which allows for convenient storage.
- Many customers have remarked on how simple it is to remove the stainless steel blade for fast and easy cleaning.
- Suction cups and a safety lock guarantee that the product is used safely.
- Excellent for bread: According to users, this food cutter cuts bread neatly and efficiently.
- The manufacturer suggests using this slicer for no more than five minutes at a time and giving it 30 minutes to cool down between usage. If you have a lot of bread and other items to slice, that’s not a lot of time.
- Because the power cable on this is just a few feet long, be sure you have an outlet nearby.
- Some reviewers have stated that the slices are uneven, thicker on one side than the other, and that the blade did not cut cleanly through, leaving jagged edges.
- Low power: A 100-watt motor is insufficient for cutting through meat with bones or fruits and vegetables with bigger seeds.
2. CUSIMAX Electric Bread Slicer Machine
This automated bread cutter has a robust 200-watt motor and a 7.5-inch, 420-stainless-steel blade. It will smoothly and rapidly cut through your bread, cheese, meat, and fruits and vegetables. The thickness varies between 1 and 15 mm. The motor is more powerful than the SuperHandy and Chefman, both of which were evaluated here.
It features a superior bearing and belt design than Superhandys gear motor. The blade does not need to be lubricated. Overall, the CUSIMAX’s design and workmanship assure that whatever you’re cutting, the slices will be uniform and clean. The disadvantage is that the blade is not serrated, making it unsuitable for bread.
The majority of web reviews for this device are good, with many mentioning how simple the machine is to clean. Pieces may be readily removed and placed in the dishwasher. It is available in silver or black to complement your kitchen design.
- A 200-watt motor guarantees clean and smooth cuts every time.
- 420 stainless steel is a high-carbon, corrosion-resistant metal that is ideal for knives and blades.
- CUSIMAX provides a 3-day hassle-free warranty as well as an 18-month guarantee. In the United States, the machine is protected by product liability insurance.
- Expensive: You can expect to pay a premium for the quality and workmanship that this bread cutter delivers.
- Not ideal for bread: The blade is not serrated, making it difficult to cut flawless bread slices.
- Size: If you purchase this, you best be serious about slicing since it will take up a lot of counter space in your kitchen (11.8 x 9 x 10.2 inches).
- Blade turns slowly: With a 200-watt motor, it is surprising that some online reviewers said that the blades spin too slowly to reliably chop cheeses and meats.
3. Chefman Die-Cast Food Slicer Machine
This model has many of the same features as more costly models, but at a reduced price. That would reduce the quality, wouldn’t it? No, since the bulk of web evaluations for this product commend the unit’s capacity to slice everything from bread to meats and cheeses to fruits and vegetables. It sports a strong 180-watt motor (vs. SuperHandys’ 100-watt gear-based motor) that the company claims can easily cut through most of your meals.
The stainless steel blade is bigger than that of SuperHandys (7.5 vs. 6.7). Chefman claims that the blade is simple to remove and clean. However, several of the reviews we read said that the promises were false and that the slicer was difficult to remove and clean, leaving many consumers dissatisfied.
- One-year hassle-free warranty: You can buy with confidence knowing that if anything goes wrong, Chefman will make it right.
- Cuts anything from meat and cheese to bread and fruits and veggies. Thickness ranges from 1 to 15 mm.
- A 180-watt motor gives this Chefman model some oomph!
- Price: This electric bread slicer is one of the most affordable on the market.
- loud: Many customers complained about how loud this slicer is. It is claimed to be noisier than a vacuum cleaner.
- Users of this device complained that the safety cups on the bottom of the machine did not keep it in place when in operation, making it unstable and possibly hazardous.
- This slicer is bigger than the SuperHandy model, so it will take up more room on your counters and in your kitchen cabinets.
- Difficult to clean: Several reviewers said that the blade and food pusher are difficult to remove and clean, despite the manufacturer’s promises that the food pusher can be simply removed with the press of a button.
4. Anescra Electric Bread Slicer Machine
When you look at the Anescras product description, the first thing you notice is that the device comes with two blades. One is serrated and ideal for bread. The non-serrated blade is suitable for cutting meats, cheeses, and vegetables. Having two blades gives you greater options and keeps the blades sharper for longer.
Another thing that jumps out is that many people comment about how simple it is to clean this machine. All of the bread slicers we looked at promise to be simple to clean, but this specific model seems to live up to that claim. A detachable ring-guard prevents food from accumulating on the cutting surfaces, while the blade, slide-rod extension, food carrier, and food pusher are all simply removed for thorough cleaning.
Anescara’s bread cutter has a robust 200-watt motor that can quickly cut through everything you throw at it. The blades are made of 304 stainless steel, which is corrosion resistant and food safe.
- Two blades: Unlike the majority of slicers on the market, this one has two blades. One is serrated, whereas the other is not. Cut beautiful bread slices with the serrated blade!
- The engine is as strong as it gets for domestic kitchen bread slicers, rated at 200 watts.
- Easy to clean: Customers praise this model for being simple to remove, clean, and reassemble.
- It is on the bigger end of the bread cutter scale.
- Cost: It is more costly than other of the more affordable slicers with similar functions.
- Short working duration: The manufacturer suggests a maximum running period of five minutes, similar to the SuperHandy model, otherwise it may overheat.
5. Chef’s Choice Electric Bread Slicer
We’ve opted to feature a more pricey model. Because it is made of die-cast aluminum, it is corrosion-free and very robust.
The food carrier has a greater capacity and is slanted for better and more efficient slicing. That means you may slice extra-large loaves of artisan bread, as well as whole roasts or hams, without first chopping them in half. When not in use, the food carriage locks to restrict access to the blade. A useful safety feature.
Because it is made of aluminum, it weighs less than five pounds, which is almost half the weight of the other units we’ve looked at. It is, however, rather huge (15.5 x 10.38 x 11 inches), so if you have a tiny kitchen or limited room on your kitchen counter, shelves, or cabinets, this may be too large.
- strong: The strong motor is driven by gears. However, since the gears are constructed of plastic, their longevity is in doubt.
- Larger cutting carriage: Because the cutting carriage is extendable, you can cut larger things.
- According to the manufacturer, the item weights just 4.61 lbs. Aluminum structure is both strong and light.
- Price: It is much more costly than the other versions we have reviewed.
- It’s big: It’s light, but it takes up a lot of room.
- Fuse quickly blows: Despite promises that the motor runs cool, several users of this device discovered that it ran hot and broke fuses after just a few minutes of slicing.
How We Picked Electric Bread Slicers
A fantastic automated bread slicer is made up of many aspects. We took into account the product’s essential characteristics, user feedback, brand reputation, and internet popularity. We also examined cost in relation to the overall performance of the product.
When choosing the best electric bread cutter, we took into account the following factors:
- Design that is both convenient and efficient: How much room does it take up on your counter? How fast can you set it up and begin slicing?
- Can your electric bread slicer cut more than just bread? Many electric slicers can also cut meats, cheeses, fruits, and vegetables. The more flexible the slicer, the more likely it will be used in your kitchen on a daily basis.
- Simple to clean: It may be simple to set up and operate, but is it simple to clean? After slicing your bread, the last thing you want to do is spend 20 minutes disassembling and cleaning it.
- Electric bread cutters include moving blades that might be hazardous to you and your family’s safety. We investigated the product’s safety features and how they functioned.
- Price: It may be a fantastic product, but if you can’t afford it, it’s useless. As a result, we discovered the goods with the finest characteristics at the best pricing.
Now that we’ve broken down the technique for you, it’s time to dish up our recommendations for the finest electric bread slicers for home use!
How Electric Bread Slicers Compare vs. Manual Bread Cutters
There are two kinds of bread cutters for the home: electric and manual. Electric bread slicers are more costly, demand a lot of kitchen space, and run on electricity. Of course, they also make life much simpler, particularly if you bake bread often and find yourself slicing it on a regular basis.
Manual bread slicers, on the other hand, are smaller, less expensive, and need the use of a kitchen bread knife to cut the bread. They do not need power (of course) and are more suited to homes with limited space and funds.
Regardless, whether you are merely a casual bread maker, or if you like a beautiful loaf of artisanal bread once a month, investing in a large, costly bread cutter is unnecessary. A tiny, elegant bamboo or wooden bread slicer may be a better choice. If that’s your thing, we suggest a serrated bread knife that’s at least 10 inches long. You may also use an electric knife to make a cleaner cut.
However, if you are a frequent bread baker or like using artisanal loaves of bread in your house on a daily basis, an electric bread maker may save you time and energy.
Another advantage of an electric bread slicer is that it can be used for a variety of tasks. As you can see, electric bread slicers are useful for more than just bread; they are also fantastic for meat, cheese, fruits, and vegetables. They are a versatile tool on which you may rapidly come to depend.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Do you have any more questions regarding electric bread slicers? We’ve got the answers you’re looking for!
Not all bread slicers are suitable for different kinds of baking. Check the product description first to check whether a bagel setting is available. If you like freshly cooked bagels, check for special electric bagel slicers.
An electric knife may be quite useful for cutting bread. You can easily cut through loaves of bread if you have an electric knife with a serrated, reciprocating blade (a blade that travels back and forth in a sawing action). You can also cut uniform widths when used with a manual bread slicer. An electric kitchen knife may be stored in a kitchen drawer.
An electric bread slicer, on the other hand, is simpler and safer to operate. Manual bread slicers are constructed of plastic or wood and are not very long lasting. Electric slivers developed nowadays are composed of high-quality stainless steel and aluminum and will endure for many years.
A slice of bread’s typical thickness varies from bakery to bakery and nation to country. A slice of bread may vary in thickness from 5mm to 20mm on average. You may customize the thickness of your bread with an automated bread slicer in your kitchen, so you can get exactly what you want every time! Texas toast and rustic bread pudding are other options.
Yes! As strange as it may seem, the United States government outlawed sliced bread in 1943 as a wartime conservation measure. The government was attempting to combat rising bread prices by believing that unsliced bread would be less expensive. The action sparked widespread outrage, and the restriction was lifted.
Buying a new electric bread slicer is both a thrilling and daunting experience. A high-quality and adaptable bread slicer for home usage will save you time and effort in the kitchen, allowing you to focus on other more essential aspects of your life.
Consider the primary factors: materials, size, and price, and compare them to what you slice, how often you slice, and the size of your kitchen. We hope that our list of the top electric bread slicers will assist you in selecting the finest model for your requirements. Thank you for taking the time to read our reviews. It was a slice!
More cutting tools:
- Best Apple Peelers
- Best Onion Choppers
- Best Egg Slicer
- Best Julienne Peelers
- Best French Fry Cutter