It’s no secret around here that I like fall. Cooler weather, apple harvesting, and an opportunity to cuddle up in huge blanket scarves and comfortable cardigans? Sign me up. I want the air conditioner turned off, the joy of not having to put on the heat, and the promise of cool morning runs.
Now that Labor Day has passed, I believe it is my right to sell ALL of my favorite autumn recipes. I’ll try not to jump immediately into the winter holidays, but know that it will happen the day after Thanksgiving. It’s my pre-holiday routine.
Thanksgiving Day is all about family, getting together, being grateful, and eating a lot of comfort food.
The day following Thanksgiving, I watched Christmas movies, decorated the tree, and made my first batch of cranberry bliss bars.
But I’m getting ahead of myself. Today’s article will share all of my favorite fall dishes with you so you can share in my autumnal eating happiness.
- Appetizers & Side Dishes
- 1. Caramel Apple Bread Pudding
- 2. Brown Butter Pumpkin Cake Bites with Maple Glaze & Candied Pecans
- 3. Pumpkin Buttercream Cake
- 4. Paleo Carrot Cake
- 5. Salted Caramel Apple Pie Bars
- 6. Candy Apples
- 7. Paleo Nutella Swirled Pumpkin Bars
- 8. Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles
- 9. Paleo Apple Galette with Maple Drizzle
- 10. Soft Maple Sugar Cookies
- 11. Chocolate Beet Cake
1. Cranberry Apple Sangria
Download the recipe here and stuff it!
2. Fall Cider Sangria
How lovely would this be on your table? You can find the recipe here.
3. Apple Cinnamon Whiskey Smash
From personal experience, I can assure you that this drink is LEGIT. Download the recipe and start cooking right now.
4. Plum and Thyme Prosecco Smash
This drink is fantastic. Make it right now. No, I mean right now.
5. Apple Pie Moscow Mule
How can you say no to apple pie in a glass? If alcohol isn’t your thing, just cut out the vodka for the ideal autumn mocktail.
Appetizers & Side Dishes
1. Minestrone Cannellini Beans Pesto
I’m already feeling warm and comfy. This recipe may be found here.
2. Bacon Wrapped Kielbasa
I don’t like to boast, but these things are a sure thing. Triple the number of people you believe you’ll need for the party. You can find the recipe here.
3. Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
Call it a side dish, but I wouldn’t blame you if you treated it as dessert instead. You can find the recipe here.
4. Pureed Parsnips
I could eat them all day long. Get the recipe.
5. Roasted Delicata Squash and Brussels Sprouts
It’s vibrant and tasty. Nobody will complain to eating their vegetables with this on their plates.
6. Parmesan Roasted Acorn Squash
You just cannot go wrong with roasted squash. Get the recipe.
7. Cornbread and Bacon Stuffing
If someone attempts to tell you that stuffing is just for the holidays, please tell them where to stuff it. Get the recipe.
1. Chili for a crowd
or for me on a Tuesday when I’m starving. Tara’s recipe may be found here.
2. Grilled Pork Chops with Apple Salsa
That apple salsa is beckoning! You can find the recipe here.
3. Cranberry Walnut Chicken Thighs
Did you think cranberries were just for Thanksgiving and Christmas? Lauren, like the cranberry bogs of New England, disagrees. You can find the recipe here.
4. Baked Mac and Cheese
Indeed, I have mac and cheese labeled as an entrée rather than a side. BRO, COME AT ME.
5. Skillet Pot Pie
To be honest, chilly weather necessitates an excellent pot pie. Sally’s recipe may be found here.
6. Bratwurst and Red Cabbage
If the color isn’t enough to entice you, the scent will be. To flavor the bratwurst, use your favorite local lager, and you’re off to the races. You can find the recipe here.
1. Caramel Apple Bread Pudding
I’m already drooling. Get the recipe.
2. Brown Butter Pumpkin Cake Bites with Maple Glaze & Candied Pecans
They are just cute. Prepare a big batch and defy yourself not to devour them all.
3. Pumpkin Buttercream Cake
I believe the term you want is RIDICULOUS. Download the recipe for this stunning cake right here.
4. Paleo Carrot Cake
1) It does not have to be paleo, but it is simple to make it such. 2) You are quite welcome.
5. Salted Caramel Apple Pie Bars
It tastes like salted caramel and apple pie. Are you sure you’re going to say no?
6. Candy Apples
I won’t criticize you for keeping them hidden from the kids. Get the recipe.
7. Paleo Nutella Swirled Pumpkin Bars
They are actually award-winning, and the combination of pumpkin and Nutella is unbeatable.
8. Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles
If you can’t get enough pumpkin spice, swap out your next coffee for these biscuits.
9. Paleo Apple Galette with Maple Drizzle
A fan favorite and SO. SIMPLE. Get the recipe.
10. Soft Maple Sugar Cookies
Maple is a New England staple, but it truly shines in the autumn, particularly in these cookies.
11. Chocolate Beet Cake
That’s correct, there are beets in your dessert. It’s also really wonderful.